Richard is a lifelong resident of the 22nd Ward, in particular, Little Village (La Villita). He embodies a love and respect for our diverse communities with a shared sense of responsibility to make our environment a better place to live and work.
Richard is employed at Lawndale Christian Health Center as Director of Long-term Services & Support and has been an active member of La Villita Community Church, a church dedicated and engaged in serving the needs and overall well-being of the 22nd Ward.
As a Fellow with the Mid-American Regional Health Leadership Institute at UIC and a Public Health Administrator, Richard continues to be dedicated in integrating, fitness & nutrition, primary care, safety & workforce development through community services to enhance the quality of life of residents of the 22nd Ward.
Current and former professional affiliations that seek the health and well-being of the community:
- City of Chicago Age-Friendly Advisory Commission
- Coalition of Limited English-Speaking Elderly (CLESE) Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- Illinois Association of Community Care Programs Care Providers (IACCPHP) Board of Directors
- Illinois Department on Aging’s Community Care Program Advisory Committee (CCPAC), Commissioned Member
- Little Village Chamber of Commerce Special Service Area # 25, Commissioner
- La Villita Community Church Administrative Board, Director, Chair, Elder
- Lawndale Christian Health Center (LCHC) Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- Mt. Sinai Hospital Community Advisory Council, Member
- St. Anthony Hospital Community Health Improvement Leadership Committee, Member